Gift Direct is the way that the Church in Wales manages Gift Aid donations. Gift Aid is a UK tax incentive that enables tax-effective giving by individuals to charities in the United Kingdom. Setting up a Gift Direct payment is a way that you can directly help the work of the Church at a local or national level.
With Gift Direct:
- You, the giver are always in control
- Managing donations is easier for you and your church
- There’s no last-minute scrambles for spare change or a cheque book
- Churches get a regular monthly amount which helps planning
- If you are tax payer, Gift Aid can be claimed – increasing the value of your donation.
By giving, you will be supporting us in our work across Wales, including:
- Clergy and training across the country
- Pastoral visits to vulnerable people
- Confirmation courses
- Comfort for the bereaved
- Every baptism offered
- Every sermon preached
- Every Eucharist celebrated
- The ministry and mission of the Church in every community.
Gift Direct Online
As part of our response to the Covid-19 situation, we have now developed online tools to help you create a new Gift Direct donation or manage your existing one. Please see the links in this section to find out more.
- To start giving to your Parish
- To amend an existing commitment
- To add a new commitment for an existing (and active) donor
- To cease an existing commitment
Gift Direct is administered by the Representative Body of the Church in Wales, which is a registered charity. Registered Charity Number 1142813.