Terms of reference
- to provide theological comment on reports or statements produced within the Church in Wales, the Anglican Communion, and through ecumenical bodies or discussions with other churches or faiths;
- to produce discussion papers.
With the consent of the Bench of Bishops:
- to undertake theological work that will inform and stimulate reflection in the life of the Province;
- to advise the Bench of Bishops on matters of current debate.
There are no set categories for membership, except that members are appointed by the Bench of Bishops. The current membership is:
- The Reverend Dr Alison Green
- The Reverend Dr Richard Hainsworth
- The Reverend Matthew Hill (Secretary)
- The Reverend Dr Trystan Hughes
- The Reverend Canon Tudor Hughes
- The Reverend Ainsley Griffiths
- The Reverend Dr Rhiannon Johnson
- The Reverend Canon Dr. Peter Sedgwick (Chairman)
- The Reverend Dr Jason Bray
- The Reverend Dr Sarah Rowland-Jones
- The Venerable Dr William Strange
- Dr Hector Patmore
- Mr Charlie Shepherd
There are currently two ecumenical observers:
- Dr Johannes Hoff;
- Dr Robert Pope.