The ICT Department has a province wide responsibility for the management and maintenance of the following areas:
- IT infrastructure: Including physical and virtual servers and computer networks
- IT office equipment: Including desktop PCs, laptops and tablets
- Software support: Including installation, user support for all office applications, including email
- Disaster recovery: Including system backups and business continuity planning
- Core telecommunications: Including phone systems, mobile telephony and data lines
- Databases: Including management information systems
- Provincial, diocesan and parish websites: Including responsibility for hosting, content management system maintenance and design
- Audiovisual support: Including film and audio production, editing services and conference support
The Department is responsible for 15 offices across the Province and 200 users. The backbone of the IT infrastructure is held at 2 Callaghan Square, with a disaster recovery back-up site at St Padarn's Institute. Day to day IT support for each of the diocesan sites and each of the Bishop’s offices comes from diocesan staff with support from the ICT Department for major issues and system failure. St Padarn’s Institute is directly supported by the ICT Department. The team also incorporates the Representative Body’s Publications function, covering the production of printed liturgical and publicity material.
Clergy IT requests
Although the ICT department order equipment on behalf of diocesan and Bishop’s offices, items are then cross-charged to the requesting office. Individual clergy should first speak to their Diocesan Secretary before approaching ICT to procure new equipment.
The ICT helpdesk is available to support all provincial and diocesan Church in Wales staff, as well as Bishops and Archdeacons. We can advise other clergy on ICT issues but, due to limited resources, are unable to offer full support services. The helpdesk can be contacted between 9 and 5, Monday to Friday on 02920 348 251. Email: email@example.com
Please click on the Quick Support button below when instructed to do so by the technician: