Disclosure and barring service (DBS)
The Church in Wales is committed to a Safe Church policy, through which we aim to meet our responsibilities to create and maintain a safe environment for everybody within our church family. A key component of that policy is the requirement that clergy and certain categories of volunteers and employees undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly called CRB checks) before exercising public ministry or certain duties on behalf of the Church in Wales.
- I need a DBS check before I can undertake my role. How do I apply for a DBS check?
- How do I tell whether a role requires a DBS check?
- How does the Church in Wales’ DBS application process work?
- How to I check the identity of an applicant for a DBS check?
- What is the DBS Update Service?
To request Church in Wales DBS application forms, please contact the Church in Wales’ DBS Admin Team via DBSAdmin@churchinwales.org.uk