Who in the Church in Wales will see my personal information?
Disclosure and Barring Service privacy statement
The Representative Body and other Church in Wales’ organisations are fully committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. The following principles will apply when we handle your personal information:
- only information that is actually required is collected and processed.
- your personal information is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs.
- personal information is retained only for as long as it is required.
- decisions affecting you are made on the basis of reliable and up to date information.
- your information is protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure.
- you will be provided with a copy of the information held on you, on request.
- any information found to be inaccurate will be investigated and corrected/amended where applicable.
- your personal information with regard to the disclosure service is only processed with your knowledge.
These principles apply whether the information is held in paper or electronic formats. If you have any concerns or complaints about the way in which your personal information has been dealt with, please contact the Legal Department of the Representative Body of the Church in Wales on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read about how the DBS will process your personal data and the options they make available to you for submitting an application at www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-privacy-policy