Becoming a thoughtful people
Encouraging a lasting gift
During 2010, nearly £2.5million was given in legacies across the Church in Wales. Having a clear policy in place clarifies to donors that such gifts are welcome, raises opportunities for discussion and reassures them that their gift will be used wisely.
Making a Will ensures that what you leave will go to the people you want it to – and ensures that your gift reaches them quicker, yet many church members have yet to make a Will.
During this year your church will:
- Encourage every member to make or review their Will.
- Ask the PCC to agree a legacy policy.
- Use the available resources with the congregation.
- Teaching session on theological and ecclesiastical issues around legacies
- Tips on how to approach a legacy awareness programme – and how not to!
- Step-by-step guidance on using the materials:
- PCC leaflet
- Congregation Leaflet
- Preaching and prayer resources
- Snippets for parish magazine