Insurance of parsonages and curate houses is generally arranged directly by the Representative Body when a cleric is in residence and the property is in the Parsonage Board Scheme. If a parish owned property comes out of the scheme, its insurance  will still be arranged through the Representative Body, although the parish will be charged for the insurance premiums.

Ecclesiastical Insurance Group (EIG) are generally the insurers for all churches, church halls and parsonages. They are the leading insurers for ecclesiastical property and have wide ranging specialist knowledge and expertise. For general inquiries visit the EIG website at: or telephone: 0345 777 3322 or email:

Parishes should contact EIG directly on 0345 603 8381 in the event of a claim and negotiate settlements with them. The Property Services Department will try to assist with claims if they prove difficult to settle.