Use by Third Parties

Increasingly, Parishes are looking to use church buildings for a wide variety of activities. Where these are organised directly under the control of the PCC there are few issues beyond ensuring activities are undertaken safely and appropriately. Where third parties such as community groups use the church, they should provide evidence of their public liability insurance cover to indemnify the church against claims. Use of the church by such groups should be on the same basis as use of halls ie. using a standard hire agreement (available from the Property Department). Permanent occupation of part or all of a church must be arranged through a formal lease issued by the Representative Body through the Property Department.