Opening Worship (City Hall) – 09:30
- The due execution of the President’s Mandate will be certified – 10.30
- Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Governing Body held on 14 and 15 September 2016 (Word Doc)
- Matters arising on the Minutes (if any)
- Welcome to the Representatives of Cytûn and other churches
- President’s Address
- 2020 Vision – Ecumenical Film (Word Doc)
- Report of the Standing Committee (PDF)
The recommendations of the Committee set out at the end of the Report will be moved.
- Report and Vote on Bill to Amend Chapter IX of the Constitution (Word Doc)
- Motion: (N.B. The following motion will only be moved if one Diocesan Bishop or any ten other members so request)
- That the Governing Body do go into Committee:
- Committee Stage
- Report and Vote
That the Bill be passed
Lunch (rear of Assembly Room) 13.00 – 14.00
- Provincial Youth Forum
Note from the Provincial Youth Forum, together with procedural note and Questions for Group discussions (Word Doc)
- Presentation by Members of the Provincial Youth Forum
- Discussion Groups
- Plenary Feedback from Groups
- Provincial Evangelism Group (Word Doc)
- That the Governing Body:
- affirm the central place of evangelism in church life;
- support the training and resourcing in evangelism;
- As a requirement for all clergy;
- As available to all laity;
- endorse strategic planning for evangelism in the Church in Wales to include;
- The development of the Provincial and Diocesan Evangelism Groups,
- The release of some clergy and laity to prioritise evangelism,
- The establishment and resourcing of local nurture groups.
- commit the church to a season of prayer for evangelism beginning with Thy Kingdom Come 2017.
Evening Prayer (St John’s Church, Cardiff) – 18.00
Dinner (Cardiff Marriott Hotel) – 19.30
Holy Eucharist (St John’s Church, Cardiff) – 09.30
- Question Time Questions (Word Doc)
- Cathedrals Review (Cathedrals Review Report PDF)
That the Governing Body do note the Cathedrals Review and request the Standing Committee to co-ordinate consideration of the Report and action on its recommendations.
- Archbishop’s Provincial Role and Support (Word Doc)
That the Governing Body do note the Report and request the Standing Committee to co-ordinate consideration of the Report and action on its recommendations.
- Report of St Padarn’s Institute (Word Doc)
That the Governing Body do note the Report of St Padarn’s Institute.
- Revised Service of Confirmation
Revised Order of Confirmation and Rubric (PDF) and Procedural note (Word Doc)
That pursuant to Section 1 of the Canon for experimental use of proposed revisions of the Book of Common Prayer provisionally approved by the Bench of Bishops promulgated on 29 September 1955, the Governing Body hereby assents to the experimental use for a period not exceeding five years of the revised Order of Confirmation dated March 2017.
- Date and Place of Next Meeting
The Governing Body has decided that the next Ordinary Meeting be held on Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 September 2017 at the University of Wales, Trinity Saint David, Lampeter.