DBS procedure – guidance for someone requesting a DBS check on behalf of someone else
Once it has been established that a role requires a DBS check:
- Contact the Church in Wales’ DBS Admin Team to request a DBS application pack.
- Ask the applicant to:
- Check the applicant’s identity (see Guidance for checking identity of DBS applicant).
- Make sure you complete the 2 purple boxes on the form for “registered body use only”.
- Complete the relevant flowcharts – either the flowchart for children or vulnerable adults or both, and enclose with the completed DBS form.
- Submit the following forms to the Church in Wales DBS Admin Team at Provincial Office, 2 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, CF10 5BT:
- Signed Data Privacy Agreement
- Completed DBS application form
- The relevant flowcharts.
- Whilst you are waiting to hear from the Church in Wales DBS Admin Team as to whether the DBS check is satisfactory, the applicant should not commence any new duties without appropriate supervision being in place.