Finance Assistant (Payroll and Accounts)
Job Title: Finance Assistant (Payroll and Accounts)
Salary: Grade D (£30,731 - £34,770)
Location: 2 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, CF10 5BT
Reporting to: Finance Officer (Stipends), Head of Finance and Deputy Head of Finance
Hours of Work: Full Time (34.75 hrs/pw)
The Finance Department is responsible for provision of wide ranging financial services and advice for the Representative Body and other provincial bodies through:-
- developing and maintaining an effective financial strategy;
- co-ordinating and producing detailed financial forecasts, budgets, management accounts and statutory accounts;
- day-to-day administration and control of all income and expenditure;
- managing the investment portfolio;
- managing the special trusts through the Common Investment Fund;
- the administration of salaries, stipends and pensions;
- providing general financial advice for dioceses and parishes.
To support the Finance Officer (Stipends) and the Head of Finance to ensure that accurate and timely information on stipends and rents is readily available.
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with colleagues, tenants, clergy and suppliers.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and various in-house databases.
- Good understanding of the computerised payroll system.
- Good understanding of HMRC procedures.
- Good understanding of the Xledger Finance package.
- To achieve a high level of numerical accuracy.
- The ability to research to locate property or to respond to queries through the use of historical dates and files.
- The ability to complete work to financial deadlines set by management on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Undertake any other duties as required commensurate with the role/grade
- An empathy with the mission and ministry of the Church in Wales
We require an application form only for this vacancy. Please submit your application to HR@cinw.org.uk
15 December 2023 @ 10.00 am
08 January 2024 in person in Cardiff
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please contact Louise Davies on HR@cinw.org.ukk