The main administrative office for the province are based in Cardiff at:
2 Callaghan Square
Phone: 029 2034 8200
Driving directions to 2 Callaghan Square
The provincial office is at 2 Callaghan Square. Callaghan Square is on the southern edge of Cardiff city centre, with useful nearby landmarks being Cardiff Central railway station, the Marriott hotel and John Lewis department store.
If you need to visit the provincial office please use public transport if possible: Cardiff Central railway station is a short and easy walk away as are many of the city centre bus stops. If you need to drive however some directions are set out below. The provincial office has eleven car parking spaces available which can be reserved by calling reception (02920 348 200), or via the member of staff you wish to see or who is organising the meeting you are attending. The car park is in a secure compound to the rear of the office building and is accessed off Hope Street, which runs alongside the office building. Alternative car parking facilities are available at John Lewis and Cardiff Central station.
From the north and west
- Leave the M4 at junction 33 (signposted Cardiff west) and follow the A4232 towards Cardiff city centre, for approximately eight miles, until the Butetown Tunnel. Go through the tunnel and bear left at the roundabout that follows it.
- Go straight on at the following roundabout (be in the middle lane of traffic) onto the central link road, following signs for the city centre. Take the first turning off to the left and go down to a roundabout. Take the first exit at this roundabout, turning left onto Tyndall Street.
- Proceed to the end of Tyndall Street (which becomes Herbert Street), passing under a railway bridge, to a traffic lighted junction: be in the middle lane of traffic here, going straight on onto Callaghan Square. Keep in the right-hand lane to move along one side of Callaghan Square and around the roundabout at the other end. Go right around this roundabout (third exit) to go back along the other side of Callaghan Square. Keep in the left-hand lane and, just before the traffic lights, turn left into Hope Street, the small street running between the large buildings on Callaghan Square.
- The office car park is behind the large gate immediately on the left-hand side of Hope Street. Please use the intercom at the gate to communicate with the building reception to open the gate and direct you to your parking space.
From the east
- Leave the M4 at junction 29 (signposted Cardiff east and south) and follow the A48(M) for approximately six miles, past the end of motorway sign when the road becomes the A48. Pass two exits off this road: leave the A48 at the third exit, signposted to Cardiff east, docks and Cardiff Bay. Keep in the (dedicated) left-hand lane up the slip road and bear left at the roundabout. You are now on the A4232: follow the dedicated lane towards Cardiff docks. Follow the A4232 for approximately five miles passing through four roundabouts and always following signs for Cardiff Bay.
- At the fifth roundabout take the second exit onto Ocean Way (following signs for the city centre) and continue straight ahead at the roundabout that follows shortly afterwards (the second exit): continue along Ocean Way until you reach another roundabout. As you approach this roundabout move into the dedicated turn left lane to turn left onto East Tyndall Street: go straight ahead at the next roundabout (second exit) where East Tyndall Street becomes Tyndall Street. Continue your journey using paragraphs 3 and 4 above.