The Governing Body of the Church in Wales
At Swansea University, on Wednesday and Thursday 27 and 28 April 2011.
Agenda - Day 1
Lunch from 12:30
Meeting commences at 13:30
- Prayers and Bible Reading 13:30
- The due execution of the President’s Mandate will be certified
- Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Governing Body held on 22 and 23 September 2010
- Matters arising on the Minutes (if any)
- Welcome to the Representatives of Cytûn and other churches.
- President's Address
- Report of the Standing Committee
The recommendations of the Committee set out at the end of the Report will be moved.
- Older People's Commissioner for Wales - Presentation
- Vocations Strategy Working Group - Presentation
- The Report of St Michael's College, Llandaff
Motion: That the Report of St Michael's College, Llandaff be approved.
- Merger of St Michael's College Llandaff with the Representative Body of the Church in Wales
Motion: That the Governing Body endorse the proposal from the Representative Body, the Trustees of St Michael’s College and the Bench of Bishops to merge St Michael’s College with the Representative Body on the basis set out in the report entitled St Michael’s College, Llandaff - Proposal to Merge with the Representative Body.
- Question Time
Evening Prayer at 1800
Dinner at 1830
Celebration of the Holy Eucharist at 0730
Breakfast at 0800 - 0900
Business commences at 0930
- 2020 Discussion Groups
- Clergy Terms of Service
Motion: That pursuant to section 2(2) of the Clergy Terms of Service Canon 2010 the Governing Body approve the Statement of Terms of Service for Common Tenure prepared by the Representative Body in accordance with section 2(1) of the Canon.
- The Church in Wales Historic Cases Review
Motion: That the Governing Body welcome the Report entitled The Church in Wales Historic Cases Review 2009 – 2010, commend the recommendations set out therein and invite the Provincial Safeguarding Committee to oversee their implementation.
- Anglican Covenant - Discussion
- Date and Place of Next Meeting
The Governing Body has decided that the next Ordinary Meeting be held on 21 and 22 September 2011 at Trinity St David University, Lampeter.