A Church School is a witness to the mission of Christ in the Gospel.
- where Jesus Christ is our foundation;
- where every person has equal value and the chance to
grow and develop to their full potential;
- where teachers, staff, governors and parents are committed to the education and development of the whole person;
- where the search for knowledge is accompanied by a quest
for faith and a journey of spiritual experience;
- every child can learn of the richness of the created world,
and grasp every opportunity to contribute to it in life;
- every member of staff can be nurtured in their vocation to
- every achievement can be celebrated and every
- every person in this school can know that they are made in
the image of God.
Every school should be a special place, a safe place, a place of learning, a place of nurture and of exploration. A school must demonstrate openness and acceptance, tolerance and forgiveness. Here, values and attitudes are formed and every individual is celebrated as unique.
A Church School is all of these things and develops a distinctive Christian character through learning, religious education, prayer, worship and action in the name of Christ that makes God’s love and presence known to the world.